AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

It work all day now I stop minute and restart it doesn't

Customer Question

It work all day now I stop for a minute and restart it doesn't
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Your saying that the engine does not crank right? Are you looking for some possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you please Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just went to the store stop & restart and nothing I got plenty of power new starter new fuel pump new injectors new key start selenoid plugs wires etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello is there anybody on the other end ??????
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry for the delay! You did not respond back for over an hour so I logged off line. Again, are you looking for some possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses?

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

It looks like you are off line now and I do have to work today. So I will leave you with some possible causes AND I will tell you how to diagnose this problem.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Possible causes..

Blown fuses, wiring issue, bad connection, bad battery, bad ignition switch, blown fusible link, bad starter relay, bad ground or nuetral saftey switch.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

To diagnose this condition, I would remove the starter relay and check for two powers and one ground coming into the relay on the female pins.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

The yellow wire going into the relay gets power from the nuetral saftey switch and ignition switch and it also travels through two fuses.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

The red wire supplies the relay with power and comes from the underhood fuse relay center after going through a fusible link and a maxi fuse.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Here is a wiring diagram of the starting circuit.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.