Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Al l I did is change trans Filter And gasket and now have…

Customer Question
Al l I did...

Al l I did is change trans Filter And gasket and now have code po700 And it wont go in reverse

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

DAryl

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
3/10/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician replied 2 years ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician

Year and model of your Chevrolet?

2004 GMC 2500 HD LLY 6.6 77000 mi.

OK. Allison transmissions do not tolerate this very well, and you'll usually get a transmission code immediately after having the pan off.

Clear the transmission DTC's and try again.

I did not Only that but but it said range shift inhibited when put in reverse. It works in all forward positions. The pan I put on 2 years ago was ppe deep pan all I did was drop same pan put new gasket and filter and new fluid Mobil 1.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

If you have that message, you have transmission trouble codes. What are they?

po700

That is an ECM code, you need to access the TCM (transmission control module) and retrieve the codes from there.

how do I do that
IT said range shift inhibited
only in reverse

You need a scan tool that will read TCM data. A "code reader" will not do this. You need a better scan tool, or to refer it to a repair shop that has one. Clearing the TCM codes will generally make this problem go away. Even if it doesn't, you need some TCM diagnostic data to determine what it going on, and you don't have access to it with the tool you have.

Didn't help

What TCM codes are there? You have TCM codes, if you have that message, we have to know what the TCM codes are.

Wiring harness chaffed

Is it fixed?

Very good. Wire chafed inside the pan or where?

Did you get this worked out? Wanted to follow up and make sure you got what you needed from me.

Please remember to rate my answers, that's how I get compensated.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Chevy Technician