Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Morning pearl i have a second row 60/40 seat but the 60 part…

Customer Question
Morning pearl i have...

Morning pearl i have a second row 60/40 seat but the 60 part latch at the side is not locking the seat in the upright pusion

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

When i lift the back rest of the seat it would not stay up it flip right back down it would not lock in place

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

I would try but if i have to take it to a service shop i will

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?

Yes it a 2014cadillac escalade and the second row seat is a 2014 tahoe beanch seats

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
i have a 2014 second row 60/40 split bench seat in my 2014 cadillac escalade the 60 part would not lock in the up position if i push the back up and hold it there then push the latch down it would lock in for a two second then flip back down what to do
3/9/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

We either need to get the seat back apart in vehicle or get the seat out of the vehicle and apart. The latch cable between the hinge and lever is likely stuck or the hinge is damaged and the lock tooth is not engaging. If this is something you can do then i have the dis-assembly steps.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.