Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Replaced the ac climate control module on 2011 Tahoe LTZ

Customer Question

replaced the ac climate control module on 2011 Tahoe LTZ with new GM part. Two things. The new one displays outside temp, the old did not. Second, the outside air reads a constant 55 deg as does the DIC display. Tried the instant update test by pressing the ac and recirc buttons, didn't change. Now what?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just the instant update by pressing and holding the ac and recirc air buttons. Didn't fix it.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: Only that the old ac control module did not display exterior air temp. The new one does however. This leads to believe the new module is an upgrade. It is genuine gm and new. The old module had sticky buttons and decals worn off.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Chevy Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

was the new module programmed to your trucks VIN number once installed into your truck ?

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer