Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

How does the EZ entry connect to the recliner bracket on the…

Customer Question
How does the EZ entry...
How does the EZ entry connect to the recliner bracket on the driver's side of a 1995 60 /40 split front seat? The EZ entry does not work any longet anf it appears it has become disconnected. Is this an easy fix?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
3/6/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually there is a cable or a bracket that connects the release handle to the seat track release.In some cases this component can break and cause this issue here.The seat covering usually needs removed to access the recliner assembly and EZ entry components to locate the source of the fault then from there it can be repaired to correct this fault here.The seat will have to be inspected further to locate and correct this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete