Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have an 07 tahoe that wont start, the interior lights dont…

Customer Question
I have an 07...

I have an 07 tahoe that wont start, the interior lights dont come on and the back windows will not roll down

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

i have checked the battery and all the wiring that goes to it. i dont have any bad fuses but the tahoe wont start and a lot of electrical things dont work

Mechanic's Assistant: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chevy Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Swapped the battery, checked the fuses, replaced the brake switch. check the fuse box connector and checked the starter

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?

2007 2wd 5.3l engine

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
3/6/2016
Chevy Mechanic: BOBBYSS, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Did the vehicle die while you were driving it or did it just refuse to start all of a sudden?

i started it and it seemed fine but then i got the traction control off advisory and my fuel gage quit working. so i cut it off and now it wont even try to start

Thank you. Most of the time this is because of the battery cables. These tend to fail and cause a loss of voltage or can have poor ground connections. That is the most common. The second most common is a failing ignition switch. The ignition switch commonly fails and causes certain circuits to not function.

i have checked the battery cables and the radio still works so its getting power from the battery. i thought about the ignition but my interior lights wont come on and the back windows will not roll down. could that be related?
none of the controls on the steering column work either, i forgot to mention that.

Yes, the ignition switch can cause this. One other thing that will cause this is the body control module. As for the cables, it does not take much power to run the radio. I would check to make sure that you have battery voltage at the fuse box and then tighten and clean the ground connections.

ok man i'll give that a shot. thanks.

No problem. If you need anything else please let me know.