Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Have a 2008 Chev 2500HD crew cab truck with power lock

Customer Question

Have a 2008 Chev 2500HD crew cab truck with power lock issues. Back doors lock & unlock fine but front doors do not. Replace actuators on bot doors. Still not working. Also noticed a lock icon appear on the dash and when you push the lock button on the passenger front door it chimes three times. What do you think?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Removed and checked both front door wire harnesses for damage. Both look ok. Also noticed that the front door actuators seem to want to function but very week like not enough voltage is there. The other thing I noticed is the front passenger actuator operates in reverse
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: Not sure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Chevy Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
IF neither Front Door will respond from the Door Switch on any door or the Factory Remotes (keyless entry), then it is likely the BCM or broken wire/s in Door Jamb
You need to verify Voltage + & Ground - at the Actuator while operating the Door Switch
Click Attachment below
IF there is NO Voltage + or Ground - at the Actuator, then use of GM Dealer Scan Tool is needed to Test & Program the BCM
apprx 1 hour labor

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.