Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2009 Trailblazer. The gear shift is stuck in park.

Customer Question
I have a 2009...

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The gear shift on the console will not move out of park.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
3/5/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech replied 2 years ago
Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech

Hello , it has a safety solenoid lock out to keep like kids from putting it in gear while its running this needs to be checked & or replaced Thanks JOEY

Where is the solenoid, how can I ck it? I am unable to drive it

your shifter should have a over ride there, for when this happens......solenoid located down by brake pedal