Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I have a 2011 LT ext cab silverado. I'm in process of

Customer Question
Hello! I have a 2011...
Hello! I have a 2011 LT ext cab silverado. I'm in process of rerouting power and graound cables through my cab, and need to remove center console. Do I need to remove both front seats to do so? Thanks!!!
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Huh?
Customer: Do you have an answer? Are you there?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. I'm here.
Customer: OK thanks.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Not hoping. Planning. I need to reroute gnd and power cables for after market stereo Amps (2) and Audisson Bit 1 processor.
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Leather bucket seats, no center jump seat - just the center console glove box and cup holders.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Chevy Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
3/5/2016
Chevy Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, I'll post the console removal info below. There are several pages that depend on the RPO code for your truck. The RPO codes are on a sticker in the glove box.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for providing information related to my question on removing the center console of my 2011 Chev silverado ext cab LT. But since I PAID for the answer, I would appreciate a bit more than a few very poor-resolution mechanical drawings of the console itself. It does not provide a method / procedure / required steps to remove the console.I also need a method for removing the plastic console housing that is almost completely loose after I removed every exposed screw top , bottom, inside the storage compartment, under the cup holders, around the top cup-holder tray --- every screw from front to back. But the plastic housing will not pop loose.
The question was:
Do I need to remove the seats to remove the center console?
The answer was not given. It's a Yes or No answer.
I do not see the answer in any of the drawings you sent me.
My RPO codes? The glove box has a sticker on the left that has about 60 3-letter codes. Are those my RPO #s? If yes, then what am I supposed to do with my glove box sticker information vs all the drawings you sent?
I have the original window sticker, and I do not see SLT. I see 4WD EXT CAB LT.
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 1 year ago
Daniel Jones

Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming.

I'm ***** *****.

I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

Can you give me your VIN# ***** I get the proper information for your truck?

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.

Thank You

***** *****

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2011 Silverado. vin: 1GCRKSE37BZ333200.
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 1 year ago

The seats do have to be removed.

Attached is the procedure for the console.

Do you need the procedure for the seat removal?

Also attached is the Option code list.

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.
If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.

If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.

Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Thank you for posting your question.
Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for the 2 drawings. There are a lot more screws involved in the bezel housing. But I'm sure that after I get the front seats out, those hidden screws will be visible.
Yes, please do send me the procedures for removing driver side and passenger front seats. No hurry since I'm traveling this wk until Thurs night. I won't get back to this project until Fri 3/11.
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 1 year ago

The procedure shows the center seat option but that is the only one listed on the GM site.

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happyto answer follow-up questions.

Thank you for posting your question.
Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you please help me get the procedure for removing the 2 front seats on a chevy silverado ext cab 2011 LT?
I want to start work on this today.
Thanks
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 1 year ago

I attached the procedure for the front seat removal on 3/7/16 at 9:24PM.

Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 1 year ago

Hi, Just wanted to get an update on how you made out with vehicle.
Did I provide you with enough info to fix the problem, it would help to close out this question in my database.

Please take the time to leave feedback and Rate my service for my response to your question.

Thank you for posting your question.
Your business is very valuable to us.
Thanks
***** *****

Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones