GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2002 Chevy Tahoe 170k miles engine at idle makes noise like

Customer Question

2002 Chevy Tahoe 170k miles engine at idle makes noise like disel engine from the bottom but goes away in gear. Thank you
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Just like I just wrote
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes please
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed the oil pump oil pickup cam sensor idle control valve..
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: That's all so far
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Chevy Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 1 year ago.

Hello , so you hear it at the rear of engine ?