Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 94 chevy silverado 5.7l is bogging out when I step into…

Customer Question
My 94 chevy silverado 5.7l...
My 94 chevy silverado 5.7l is bogging out when I step into it changed mad sensor idle air controll valve and egr valve still doing it of not worse
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
3/3/2016
Chevy Mechanic: AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN replied 2 years ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. This condition is caused by low fuel pressure due to a bad/weak fuel pump it a restricted fuel filter.

This is very common and I have seen this a lot. Sometimes the fuel pressure will even checkup good but the fuel volume is low due to the failing fuel pump. Just be sure that the exhaust is not restricted.