Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The drivers side seat heater just comes on when ever it

Customer Question
The drivers side seat...

The drivers side seat heater just comes on when ever it likes. It just started this

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

2005 Tahoe SR71

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes if as simple as a switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Nothong other than trying to reset memory controls for seqt

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?

I had the yaw control replaced last month

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
3/3/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Super Mechanic, Master technician replied 2 years ago
Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Does it seem to come on after the key is turned off and back on?

.

Do you know if there are any trouble codes in the BCM?

After starting vehicle seat heater cycles on drivers seat. settings are all over. After repeatedly turning it off ( 10 - 20 cycles) the heater does seem to stay off.Does not seem to happen with key off. No codes I know of.

I see, thanks. That could be in the switch but it could also be in the seat or door module. A scan tool is needed to test it out.

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the test instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

No, this is all BS. You got the first $28 which I thought was $5 . There will be no more. I already know what is not wrong.

I see, thanks. I have nothing to do with any of the site's charges, sorry.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

The circuitry for the seat heater would have to be diagnosed either way to know what is wrong with it, thanks

..