Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Have a 04 tahoe lt an was changing oil today an noticed

Customer Question

have a 04 tahoe lt an was changing oil today an noticed tranny fluid everywhere an then discovered a triangle shaped hole in what i believe is the case. Is this a weep hole because it only runs rough when fluid is low
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: shifts rough when low im guessing dip stick has never said low but add a little an shifts jus fine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

When trans oil gets low the filter starves causing aeration in the fluid which reduces pressure and causes shifting issues and makes it hard to prevent slipping. There should not be a hole in the case, can you send me a picture?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris