Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Nadir Chevy express can won't start changed starter still

Customer Question

Nadir Chevy express can won't start changed starter still didn't start then changed fuse for crank and it start but then shut off on the ride home now will start again
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Lights still work horn works it makes a hum noise a little no clicking like its trying to it's just dead when you turn the key
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect the crank fuse and see if it has shorted out needing replaced again.If it has this can indicate there may be a short in the engine wiring harness needing located and repaired.If this is checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete