Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2003 2500 hd that has manual windows and seats. I…

Customer Question
I have a 2003 2500...
I have a 2003 2500 hd that has manual windows and seats. I also have a 2000 z71 with power seats and windows. I'd like to put the seats and door panels with power regulators in the 2003. I'm not sure if I can plug into an existing harness or do I need to swap more parts off the 2000? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
3/2/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I dont think this is possible as the body control module is tied into operating these components here and cannot be swapped into your vehicle from the power vehicle as the bcm locks to one vehicle only.The door switches are also control modules programmed to one vehicle (the door switch control modules can be reprogrammed but the BCM cannot be).You would have to see if a dealer will obtain special programming from GM when you install a new BCM.Most of the time they will not do this or cannot do this making this impossible to do.Your model was set up with manual controls and getting power controls into it can be more time consuming and costly.The first thing I would do is contact a dealer and see if they can obtain special programming for your model here,let them know what you are wanting to do.If they cannot then this isnt worth doing as it would be just about impossible to do.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete