Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Some times the fuse on my 07 3500hd silverado blows fuse 48…

Customer Question
some times the fuse on...
some times the fuse on my 07 3500hd silverado blows fuse 48 aux hvac-ign it seems like that it blows when you try to adj settings while in auto mode it blown 3 times in the last 2 months
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/2/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 years ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

There is either chafed wiring/loose wiring at the climate control connector touching each other and shorting which will blow the fuse, or an internal short in the climate control unit itself. The climate control unit needs to be pulled and wiring checked at the harness connector and repaired as needed. If ok, then replace the climate control unit

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Chevy Mechanic: Mike S., Chevy Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic

In what fuse block is this fuse and which engine is in this?

Did you get your phone call? If not, do you still want one?

at this time i am not satisified with the answer. i didnt get to reply to it. when i called the chevy place about the controls he said i should check the resistor under the fuse block but when i asked where it was their mech didnt know what he was talking about is there something i should check first?

Ok, I found the fuse and the wiring diagram. I have to ask, does this have a heated steering wheel?

If it does have a heated steering wheel, remove that 7.5a heated steering wheel fuse and see if the fuse #48 still blows.

If it does or you don't have a heated steering wheel. the pink wire to both the indies review mirror and see if the #48 fuse still blows.

Plus put the 10a fuse back in, you don't want to burn anything up.

If it still blows with just the instrument cluster pink wire hooked up, it looks like it's going to be that then.