Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The Door ajar message always on. 2008 malibu, had it down at…

Customer Question
The Door ajar message...

The Door ajar message always on . 2008 malibu

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Had it down at the dealerhship they ruled out the Drivers door, because it is on its own circuit, but the three other doors sit on the same circuit and they can't tell which one. they also thought it may be the BCM

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Not really pleased with this dealership I have had issues with them in the past.

Mechanic's Assistant: OK! The Chevy Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?

In the shop they had some sort of tester on it and when hooked up it seemed to be intermittent, but when the tester is off it is quite constant.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
2/29/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is***** figure out if problem is door switch or BCM you/mechanic will need to disconnect BCM and check to see if pins 53, 54, or 72 on connector 1 have ground. 53 is for right rear door, 54 left rear door, and 72 is front right door. So depending on which one has ground will mean that is the door switch that has failed. If none of them have ground that means the BCM is the problem. I'm not sure why dealership wasn't able to do this test to begin with, I'd ask them and if they charged you for looking at it last time I'd let them know you expect diagnosis to be free or discounted since they only did half of the troubleshooting required. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.