K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

My name is ***** *****. I have 2000 chevy express van. It

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have 2000 chevy express van. It started at first cranking but not starting so had distributer, plugs and wires put on . now it runs rough and misfires .
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When idling it feels like van is going to shake apart
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, there could be a few things causing this. I'm assuming the check engine light is on, have you had the diagnostic codes pulled?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the engine lite is on taking to get put on machine on monday
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** you describe it sounds like either the shop has the firing order wrong or the ignition timing is not adjusted properly. Setting the timing properly on this model can be tedious and if it's off will cause it to run terribly. If you'd like the firing order and timing info let me know.

Also feel free to reply back monday with the codes.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Follow ups concerning this are free even after you rate or accept.Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok think I could get fire order info
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.

Sure thing, which engine do you have?