Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Keeps running fuel filter housing out of fuel, does elect.

Customer Question
Keeps running fuel filter...

Keeps running fuel filter housing out of fuel , does elect. pump run all the time or only when needed

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

I have replaced tank, lines , filter housing and elect pump still runs out of fuel.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Every thing except injector pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?

I don't think the elect. pump is running all the time is it supposed to? i have changed oil sending unit.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/27/2016
Chevy Mechanic: cloe0626, Auto Mechanic replied 2 years ago
cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic

Have you replaced the pressure regulator

no
u still there

That's what it sounds like to me that the fuel regulator has failed

ok where is it, and does the elect lift pump run all the time?

What's the year and model of you r car and no the pump should not run all the time

95 K 2500 6.5 turbo diesel
Later
Chevy Mechanic: tripletauto, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
tripletauto
tripletauto, ASE Certified Technician

hello,

Do you still need help with this? if so did this start after any repairs?