GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have anti freeze leaking from under my 2005 trailblazer

Customer Question

I have anti freeze leaking from under my 2005 trailblazer driver side
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Dripping from under my truck,cannot see any visible leaks by looking under the hood
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming. I'm ***** *****.
I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

Does your car have the Inline 6 cylinder engine or V8?

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6Cylinder
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
6 Cylinder 2005 Chevy trailblazer.

Look near the water pump pulley and see if you see any coolant. Also while the engine is off grab the cooling fan and check the water pump bearing for any play, by grabbing the top of the fan and see if there is any movement noticed at the pulley while moving it front to rear.

Best thing to do is to see if you can get a cooling system pressure tester with adapter to pressurize the system and check for a leak.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it the water pump?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no visible leaks looking under the hood not until you get down on knees and look under my truck

You would need to remove the lower splash sheild and look to see if anything is wet on the engine. Check with a local Parts store like AutoZone or Pep Boys to see if they have free loaner tools. Get a cooling system pressure tester with adapter to pressurize the system and check for a leak.

Hi, Just wanted to get an update on how you made out with vehicle.

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.
If you are satisfied with the information I supplied we would like to close out this question.

If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.

Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Thank you for posting your question.
Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was a pin hole in my hose