GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Im ***** ***** i have a 1990 2500 chevy i was driving home

Customer Question

Hi im ***** ***** i have a 1990 2500 chevy i was driving home when it just quit i thought i was out of gas but wasnt it seems like im not getting spark i got a new coil but still wont fire up
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I put gas in but all it does is turn over
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Did you still need help? Does the check engine light come on with the key on? Have you checked for fuel while cranking? Are you sure the engine does not have spark? Have you checked all cylinders for spark? What about engine compression?