Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My husband just put new brake shoes on it Friday night and…

Customer Question
My husband just put...

My husband just put new brake shoes on it Friday night and I've driven it a short distance..He went out to drive it and it is stuck on 4 lo. help?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Like I said, the car drove fine until just now. Went out to go to town, and all the lights lit up like usual but then the only light that stays on is 4 low. It's usually in***** It's a 1003 Trailblazer LS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

We've tried turning it off and cranking it again. I've tried slowly changing the dial on each setting and it will light up those lights too but in the end it just stays in 4 lo

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?

Nope. its done great for me since I got it last august

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
2/22/2016
Chevy Mechanic: EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

Hi. Have you tried putting the truck in neutral and with your foot on the brake, then changing to 2wd?