Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My van won't start. Replaced ignition switch and actual key…

Customer Question
My van won't start. Replaced...
My van won't start. Replaced ignition switch and actual key cylinder. Any suggestions
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
2/21/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Wilson

Hi Jason, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. Will the starter turn over the engine but the engine will not run or does it not do anything when trying to start? Is there power to the small S terminal wire at the starter solenoid with the key switch in the cranking position? If there is and the battery and cable connections are good but the starter does not crank over you have a bad starter. If there is no power there the problem is between the key switch and starter. Let me know

It won't turn over or do anything
It was running fine and then nothing. If I cut it on and off a few times it might start for a second and cut off
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Is there power to the S terminal when testing with a test light and key in the crank position?

Starter will turn over every once in awhile
It's something to do with the pass key stuff of vats
Power to dash and security light is on and then goes off
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

I will have to continue when my 6 year old daughter is in bed later tonight. I need to get us dinner, etc. We can post as needed. If that works for you let me know. If not I will opt out and maybe someone else can pick up from here

I am not paying for you to opt out. If that means you don't get paid that's fine
The money has already came from Paypal. If they pay you I'm filing a claim. I didn't get an answer to my problem
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

Hi? Your deposit sits with the site.Experts dont get paid unless they are rated with positive feedback or accepted answers.... This is not my full time job.... I have a repair business... It is a sunday and I had dinner with my family... I log in as I am able. If you need immediate help then I offered to opt out... I got paid nothing from you.... The site has your deposit until you leave positive feedback and then the expert gets only a percentage

Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Wilson,
 replied 2 years ago

I am going to opt out... There are a lot of other experts that might have more time than I at the moment. My daughter needs my attention and I wont be able to focus on looking up info until after shes in bed

Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

The previous tech has opted out, would you like me to help.

No thanks. I've filed a complaint and will just get a local tech to help out. I know it has something to do with the pass key system or something to do with security

Okay, best of luck. If you change your mind, I am here and will try to help you get this resolved.