Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have to prime my fuel filter all of a sudden.new filter…

Customer Question
I have to prime my...
I have to prime my fuel filter all of a sudden.new filter and I tightened it more.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
2/20/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 2 years ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

was it needed to be primed before the filter was changed ?

No

when this happens the filter itself where it seals to the housing or the switch in the bottom of the filter is sucking in air to cause you to have to prime it for it to run

can you be sure there is no brown stains of fuel stains at all on that housing or under the filter at all ?

how are you making out ?

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at justanswer

There are no stains I was wondering about the schrader valve and how it relates? Could that be the problem?
Chevy Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. The expert which was helping opted out, would you like my help?
Sure
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Remove the hose from the Fuel Pressure Relief Valve at the rear of the driver side fuel rail. Crank the engine and check for fuel flow from the relief valve port. If fuel flow is present, replace the Fuel Pressure Relief Valve.

Check the fuel line back to the tank for a sign of leaking.

If these are all fine replace the fuel filter housing.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.