Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2012 Chevy Suburban 1500 with a 5.3 engine will not crank…

Customer Question
my 2012 Chevy Suburban 1500...
my 2012 Chevy Suburban 1500 with a 5.3 engine will not crank on the first try. Can you help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
cranks perfect first time after sitting overnight. after that it will never start on the first try. cranks perfect on second try. I replaced fuel pump. still doing the same thing.
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/18/2016
Chevy Mechanic: cloe0626, Auto Mechanic replied 2 years ago
cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic

sounds like you have a dead spot in your starter when you crank it the first time it brakes it loose if you need anything else please let me know be sure to rate my service when you get the chance

needs new starter?

yes

starter didn't fix it. Maybe a sensor?

possible its the crankshaft positioning sensor

is crankshaft positioning sensor and camshaft positioning sensor the same thing? I replaced the camshaft sensor and it didn't fix it....