Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Chevy

I have a 2005 Chevy venture 3400 engine. My heater

Customer Question
hi i have a 2005...
hi i have a 2005 Chevy venture 3400 engine. My heater wasn't getting hot . so I replaced the heater core. And Its still not getting hot can you help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Chevy
2/15/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 1 year ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

with it running and warmed up when you turn from hot to cold do you feel any temp difference at all ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just a little, then it immediately goes back too cold.

with the engine hot if you feel both heater hoses at the fire wall are both very hot ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The one on the top is cold. The one on the bottom is hot.

how old is the thermostat in this engine ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The thermostat is new replace it about 3 months ago.

this either is low on coolant or the thermostat is opening way too early or the temp door electric actuator is not operating the temp door to full hot

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I filled it up with coolant, The hose going from the radiator to the thermostat housing is extremely hot. I looked under the dash the actuator throttle is moving. The hose coming from the engine to the heater core is hot the hose coming out of the heater core to the thermostat is cold or barely warm.

you see the temp actuator moving to hot then cold when you turn the temp setting ?

Chevy Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 1 year ago
Reggie Whiddon

Hi in reggie if I'm understanding you one of your heater core hoses is hot the other is cold? Have you disconnected the cold hose while running to see if you have any flow? I like to keep some clear hose handy for a problem like this I'll take the inlet and outlet hose and replace then with clear that way I can observe while running

Chevy Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 1 year ago

hello sir have you checked this

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh, not yet I will check it today, and get back with you.
Chevy Mechanic: Reggie Whiddon,
 replied 1 year ago

Thank you

Reggie Whiddon
Reggie Whiddon
Reggie Whiddon