GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I HAVE 05 MALIBU IT WONT STAR WHEN IT GETS ENGINE HOT OR

Customer Question

I HAVE 05 MALIBU IT WONT STAR WHEN IT GETS ENGINE HOT OR WEATHER HOT I CHECK IT I HAVE NO POWER TO SELENOID BUT YOU LET COOL DOWN OR WEATHER IS COLD IT WILLL START
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 05 MALIBU WITH ENGINE 2.2 I CHANGE IGNATION SWITCH
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thanks for the question. When you say it is not getting power to the solenoid, do you mean the starter solenoid?