Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

My name is vinny and my question is should the coolant

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** my question is should the coolant overflow bottle have any liquid in it. I noticed the water temp was 201 when it usually is 190. its on a chevy hhr 2009.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: there isn't any liquid in the overflow bottle
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

the coolant overflow bottle should be filled to the cold line when cold

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

i would top it off and if it goes empty again a shop will have to do a coolant pressure test on the coolant system to find the coolant leak as it should never use coolant

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?