Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Trying to find the tcc connector on a 1996 Chevy cavalier is…

Customer Question
Trying to find the tcc...
Trying to find the tcc connector on a 1996 Chevy cavalier is 2.4
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
2/14/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** speed or 4 speed transmission? Also, why are you trying to locate connector? Thanks.

Having issues with the car bucking and stall after driving on the highway for 20 mins or so I read it could be the tcc and to unplug it to test if it's it I believe it a 4 speed but I could be wrong

There isn't a individual plug for just the TCC solenoid, one plug is for all of the solenoid. But if you disconnect plug on transmission this will prevent stalling if problem is TCC solenoid. So unplug main connector on transmission and if stalling stops replace solenoid. Here are replacement instructions and picture of connector. Let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/isun1b32g93t2hb/tccr1.pdf?dl=0

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lx5hkes2f7wk2am/tccr2.pdf?dl=0

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zs2hjyv8efhq4dn/ad.pdf?dl=0

Is it number 6 in the last picture?

That is correct. Let me know how it goes, thanks.

is it safe the drive the car for awhile before replacing the solenoid

It is safe to drive, will just be annoying having it stall out on you all the time. It might eventually get worse causing it to stall more often too. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

But is safe to drive with the connector removed

Not really because it will cause transmission fluid to burn up since torque converter isn't working and not all gears will work. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Is there any wire diagram so I could possibly cut the wire until I'm able to replace it it's snowing here so I won't be able to replace it till next weekend and the stalling makes it almost impossible to get to work

Here is a diagram, you would need to cut the brown wire. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rc8enpr4ouvvgyb/tccwd.pdf?dl=0