Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

2003 CHEVY SILVERADO 5.3L LT AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION. I HAD

Customer Question

2003 CHEVY SILVERADO 5.3L LT AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION. I HAD NO TROUBLE CODES I TOOK THE THROTTLE BODY LOOSE AND CLEANED IT AND PUT IT BACK ON NOW I HAVE THESE CODES AND THE ACCELATOR DOES NOT WORK PO120 PO220 P1516
JA: Huh?
Customer: P1518
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

JA: Huh?
Customer: I AM GOING TO CHECK THE GROUNDS AS I SEE THAT THERE HAS BEEN A PROBLEM WITH THEM
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: YEP
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: JUST GETTING STARTED. I DID NOT UNPLUG THE CONNECTOR TO THE TAC MODULE DURING THIS PROCEDURE SO I DOUBT IF THE PROBLEM LIES THERE BUT I DID TWIST THE WIRES AROUND SOME WHILE I WAS CLEANING IT. I HAVE INSPECTED THEM AND CANNOT SEE ANY BROKEN WIRES.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry your having this problem

unplug and plug back in the throttle body connector then disconnect both battery cables for 5 minutes then touch the 2 battery cables together for 1 minute then reconnect both battery cables will it still do this ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't help insrument pael display shows reduced engine power same trouble codes. Would moving the butterfly by hand in the throttle body cause a problem
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

yes i am sorry to say yes that would cause the throttle body to be damaged either the motor or the sensors inside it

if those codes are all still there i am sorry to say the throttle body needs to be changed to correct this issue