Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 1995 chevy 6.5 diesel. When I start it, it runs…

Customer Question
I have a 1995 chevy...
I have a 1995 chevy 6.5 diesel. When I start it, it runs fine for about 20 seconds then dies. It is hard to restart but when it does restart it misses and sputters for 35 to 45 minutes until motor warms up to temp. I have replaced the injector module and the relocate kit. I have also replaced the glow plugs, glow plug relay and heat temp sensor and lift pump. It is still doing the same thing. Can someone please help? Out of ideas....
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
2/14/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Jones

Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming.

I'm ***** *****.

I have over 20yrs experience working for GM Dealerships.

I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

Are you getting any codes?

Can you provide me with your VIN# ***** I can check for Service Bulletins?

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.

Thank You

***** *****

I haven't gotten a response yet. Do you have any answers
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago

Are you getting any codes?

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.

Thank You

***** *****

Not getting any codes and i sent vin
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago

I didn't get the VIN#?

Vin 1gcgk24f3sz230648
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago

Can not access my database at this time to check for bulletin's. They must be updating the servers.

Have you changed the fuel filter?

Check condition of fuel it filter housing when filter is removed?

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.
If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.

Thank You
***** *****

I will try the fuel filter tomorrow and if you check the database please let me know if the filter doesn't work I will be back in touch
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago

Make sure you clean the housing out and take notice if there is any water or debris in the housing.

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.

Thank You

***** *****

Unfortunately changing the filter as you suggested did not correct the problem any other advise
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago

Since there was no issue with the filter. The problem has to do with the Optical sensor in the Injection pump, but the pump should be replaced as assembly.

Thank You
***** *****

Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago

There was a Bulletin on the pumps. Special Coverage 11yrs, 120k miles.

Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago

Hi, Just wanted to get an update on how you made out with vehicle.

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Ordered part. Still waiting on it
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago

Keep me updated on your progress.

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago

Thanks

Please take the time to leave feedback and rate my service for my response to your problem.

I don't get paid unless you rate my service.

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.

Thank You
***** *****

Got part but have been working over time so I haven't had a chance yet to work on it
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago

Keep me updated on your progress.

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Wanted to let you know that the problem still exists even after replacing the pump. More than 500 dollars spent and it is still having the same issue
Also the ac clutch is kicking on and off real fast when the truck is running
Sent you reply on March 2nd advising that the problem still exists. Not sure where to go from here
Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones
Daniel Jones