Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2007 up lander and the keyless alarm will not stop…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a 2007...
Hello, I have a 2007 up lander and the keyless alarm will not stop going off we have the horn disconnected so we can't hear it. Can you tell me how to disconnect it so I can hook the horn back up? I'm a single mother so I don't know much bout cars.
Any information you can provide will be very appreciated.
Thanks
Brenda
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
Hello is anyone there please?
2/13/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Joe Prestia,
 replied 2 years ago
Joe Prestia

Is this a factory or aftermarket alarm system? First make sure the Battery terminals and cables are tight and free of corrosion

Factory
What had happened was the remote qas messing up and we opened the door then alarm went off
Now won't stop
Had to disconnect horn
Chevy Mechanic: Joe Prestia,
 replied 2 years ago

Disconnect both battery cables and rub the cable ends together for about 30 seconds to clear any possible logic jam issues in the computers on your van. Make sure they are clean and tight when re-assembling. I assume you already tried cycling the key in the ignition and/or door lock cylinder to try to turn it off?

How do I do that?
Chevy Mechanic: Joe Prestia,
 replied 2 years ago

How do you cycle the key or how do you remove the battery cable ends?

How do you cycle the key ?
assume you already tried cycling the key in the ignition and/or door lock cylinder to try to turn it off?No I haven't tried this and don't know how to
Chevy Mechanic: Joe Prestia,
 replied 2 years ago

Simply put the key in the ignition and turn it from off to the on position 5 or six times without starting it.

Chevy Mechanic: Joe Prestia,
 replied 2 years ago

Did this help at all with the never ending horn situation?

I am still having the same problem. My keyless remote is not working so when I opened my door the alarm went off and I can't stop it. So I had to disconnect my horn, but now I need to get my van inspected but I can't hook my horn up.
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DISCONNECT THE KEYLESS ALARM ON A 2007 UPLANDER VAN??
PLEASE SOMEONE ANYONE!