Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lost keys. Tried to jam screwdriver in hole to get by but…

Customer Question
Lost keys. Tried to...

Lost keys. Tried to jam screwdriver in hole to get by but just destroyed existing lock. Drillled out remaining of lock, hoping to be able to turn to start but no go. Help! By the way, I only use this truck on my farm. Tim

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Drillled out old remains of lock.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?

Not looking for a pretty fix, just simple

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
2/13/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Gary, Chevy Technician replied 2 years ago
Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician

can you tell me the year and model of this truck ?