Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

There are two types of flexplate bolts app which ones do i…

Customer Question
There are two types...

There are two types of flexplate bolts for this app which ones do i use last 8 of vin 81103750

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

The flex plate is bad there are bolts from gm one uses sealer one uses a special washer the parts dept cant answer what is right

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

I am ready to put the flexplate back on got a new gm flexplate and i need new bolts check tsb 08-06-01-023c

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?

It has a 4.8 liter

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
2/12/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Mike S., Chevy Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic

What is the year and model? Is this a rwd, awd, 4wd? I assume automatic trasnmission but do you know which one?

08 g2500 2wd 4l80e auto

It appears to me the shorter bolt is the one with the sealer and the longer is the one using a washer.

The two #9 at the bottom of this page, http://www.wholesalegmpartsonline.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=372182&ukey_make=1024&ukey_model=20287&modelYear=2007&searchString=BOLT Engine Flywheel

M11X1.5X23.5 W/SEALER and the other is M11X1.5X28 with the washer.

I believe it boils down to whether or not there was or is a spacer and I think the spacer is used with an automatic transmission most likely because a flexplate is thiner than a flywheel for a manual transmission so the one with the sealer should be the correct bolt.

Mike S.
Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic