Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2006 malibu maxx oil pan gasket. have got one quote seems

Customer Question

2006 malibu maxx oil pan gasket. have got one quote seems expensive to me $523.00 is there a reason this is so expensive?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It's leaking oil from the oil pan gasket
JA: Leaks can get messy. The Chevy Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I would rather not but if it is to expensive I will have to.
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Not that I am aware of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** is a 5.4 hour job labor, most shops charge around $100 per hour which is why it costs so much. The gasket itself is only around $30, then cost of oil/filter which is another 30. $523 actually sounds pretty reasonable but if you call around you might be able to find a shop that charges closer to $60 a hour which will bring total to around $360. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.