Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2004 chevy suburban. got a cd stuck in the player.

Customer Question
I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 chevy suburban. got a cd stuck in the player. how do I get it out?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Everythong else works , satellite radio and I have an aftermarket thing that I can pkug in to power source for ipod. Also the dvd player sound can work in the radio too. don't want to mess that up, but the little cd symbol flashes showing there is a cd in the player and I can't load the player.It hold s 6 cd's

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes if possible.

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Nothing. I am afraid I'll mess it up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?

I got it from original owner, so I don,t know what happened to it.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
2/12/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Mech / Electronics replied 2 years ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Auto Mech / Electronics

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
IF this is the CD Changer in dash, then you will have "dismantle" the Unit & CD Mechanism (not recommended)
IF this is a Single CD Player, you can use a 8 inch piece of thin stiff wire
Bend apprx 1/4 inch on the end (45 degree)
Insert the 45 bent end (flat) apprx 3 inches into the center of the CD Opening of the face
Turn the 45 bent end down to snag the CD center
"Carefully" slide the CD out
Otherwise, IF you are going to have repaired, leave it in & they will return the CD

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

When you sign up on Just Answer to get an answer for your question, you provide an authorization payment.

Once any tech responds, you are then charged the full question value.

You need to use those funds by rating okay-good-excellent.

Not rating, rating bad or poor does not result in a refund.

I am here to help, so please reply if you need more help.

If your good to go, please take a moment to rate my response, as it was correct.
......................................