Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2001 chevy blazer the security system has locked the

Customer Question
ignition switch...
2001 chevy blazer the security system has locked the ignition switch
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
2/11/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Super Mechanic, Master technician replied 2 years ago
Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Does the key physically turn?

Does the engine turn over?

Is the security light on or flashing?

Hello
No the key does not physically turn. So the engine does not turn over. The security is on/flashing.
I couldn't get your response

I see, thanks. I don't see a phone call being in your best interest. There is no way to give you any diagrams over the phone. Let me get a description of the passkey system for you. BRB

• IGNITION LOCK CYLINDER AND HOUSING

The ignition lock cylinder is located at the upper right side of the steering column. The Passlock(TM) sensor is in the steering column. The Passlock(TM) sensor is separate from the key and lock cylinder. The key and the lock cylinder work together in order to determine if the proper ignition key was used to start the vehicle.

In the event of an open Class 2 serial data line between the BCM and the VCM/PCM, the vehicle will become fail-enabled if the VCM/PCM has already received the password ***** the BCM for that ignition cycle (the engine is running). In this event, the following conditions occur:

• The security telltale will be ON continuously.
  • The VCM/PCM will become fail-enabled for future ignition cycles.

If a failure in the Class 2 serial data line occurs before the ignition cycle, when the VCM/PCM is not fail-enabled, the following conditions occur:

• The VCM/PCM will never receive a valid password ***** order to enable the fuel injectors.
  • The vehicle will not start.

If the key doesn't turn, that will be in the lock cylinder and nothing to do with the security system. When the key gets turning, the passkey sensor should send the correct code for the PCM to enable the fuel injection system.

.

• .

So, what would you like to do?

If you give me your email address, I can get the test instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Do you still need help with it?

Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician