Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have an Equinox 2008 and drove it last year from Maine to…

Customer Question
I have an Equinox 2008...
I have an Equinox 2008 and drove it last year from Maine to Azriona. Since I've been here to live my electrical windows on drivers side goes down and up sometimes unless I wiggle it to bring it up it won't work and now it stays up and won't come down . Also my back left seat door would open when it gets hot but when it's cold it always open? Also my front passenger door lock only locks half way . I have to reach across and lock it and then get in car to unlock it won't work by remote. Any suggestions where to take it. I opened up my fuse cover under passenger seat side but don't know what to look for? Any suggestion will help.thank you . Maureen
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
2/11/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Maureen,

One very common cause for the problem you are having with the windows can be cause by a broken wire in the Driver's Door Jamb Wiring wiring harness. In order to check and see if this is in fact the case you are going to need to pull the boot back at the drivers door and inspect the wiring coming from the body to the door for any signs of a broken wires. Have this checked first and post back if need be and we can work from there.