GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My 7.4L chevy engine runs rough. It has no SES light on, and

Customer Question

My 7.4L chevy engine runs rough. It has no SES light on, and no trouble codes. Have heard it might be a cam position sensor. I need to know where is this sensor located and other causes for the constant vibration/rough idle and roughness thru out.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, the chevy dealer has no idea what to do.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing as of yet. I do not want to spend a lot of money on a tune-up and still have the problem. I have had the dealer scan the system for $200.00 and they can't find the problem other than the vehicle runs rough.
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: Oxy sensors replaced 6mos. ago, MAF removed and cleaned along with the throttle body, removed spark plugs no oil on them, cleaned and re-gapped to factory specs. This didnit correct the problem.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

what is the year.make and model?

does it only miss at an idle?