Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Lost keys to my 2001 express 3500 drilled out my ignition to…

Customer Question
Lost keys to my 2001...
Lost keys to my 2001 express 3500 drilled out my ignition to use screwdriver ran fine for about a month now the security light comes on and won't crank. Anyway to totally bypass the passcode?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
2/2/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago
Daniel Jones

Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming. I'm ***** *****.
I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

Here is a website that sells a kit to install.

http://newrockies.com/passlock-bypass/

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.

If you have no follow-ups at this time, please remember to Rate My Service.

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

I'm not looking to put out anymore money on it, is there any other way to bypass it?
Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago

You can have the system scanned for Theft Deterent codes to see where the problem is. Retreiving the codes should be done before replacing any parts, to ensure you are replacing the proper parts. Other than replacing the lock cylinder, which contains the passlock™ sensor, there is no other way to bypass the system.

Attached is a description of the system.

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****

Chevy Mechanic: Daniel Jones,
 replied 2 years ago

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You

***** *****