camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

My 2007 Avalanche has the engine light on and no oil

Customer Question

My 2007 Avalanche has the engine light on and no oil pressure everything seems fine and it has lots of oil? Wondering if it's the oil pressure censor
Category: Chevy
Expert:  camerontech replied 1 year ago.

hi there,

im cam, a licenced diagnostic tech.

there is a good chance that it is just the oil pressure sensor, as it is an extremely high failure rate part and generally if you have an oil pressure problem, you would be hearing some sort of engine noise with it.

you can have the oil pressure checked, but its probably cheaper or the same price to just replace the sensor and seeing if it corrects the problem, which 99% of the time its just the sensor.

if the sensor doesnt correct the problem, than a pressure check will be needed to see if the pressure is withing spec. if it is than your either looking at the cluster or wiring to the cluster.

I would recommend just to replace the sensor

hi there

how did your repair go?

please dont forget to rate me as it is important for my page!

thanks

cam