Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2009 chev 5.3 litre. there is a knock in the bottom…

Customer Question
I have a 2009 chev...
I have a 2009 chev 5.3 litre. there is a knock in the bottom end after it warms up. Can you help..? I am a female
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
2/1/2016
Chevy Mechanic: JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy replied 2 years ago
JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy

is it a loud knock?? how is the oil pressure? how many miles?

No it is a suttle knock you can only hear from the outside with your head around the front tires. I have 200,000km on it. It only does it when it is warmed up
Sorry I have good oil pressure

have you had anyone listen to it? hoe many miles? is it loud?

I have answered your questions.????

a lower end knock is generally a rod or main bearing..The only way to check is removal and tear down of the engine.. These are common for cam and lifter noises that sound lower end.. is the engine light on? any codes?

I would like to end this session...this has been no help
I sure hope you are not going to charge me $40plus for this
Chevy Mechanic: BOBBYSS, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
BOBBYSS
BOBBYSS, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** am a different expert. Did you still want some help with this?