Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

, Just purchased 2008 tahoe ltz and found that when…

Customer Question
Just purchased 2008 tahoe...

Just purchased 2008 tahoe ltz and found that when locking door with key fob horn does not beep. Checked the DIC setting and it is set to beep. What do I do?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
1/31/2016
Chevy Mechanic: GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help.

When you lock the doors you push the lock button twice on the fob. The horn does not beep?

If you hit the panic button does the horn beep?

If you push on the steering wheel does the horn beep?

Please get back with me.

Thank you

I think I just fixed. I had read on another web site about pushing in on the radio/cd area. I just did that and the horn honks now.

If you don't need anymore help.

I will close this question.

Thank you

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician