GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 36 Ford with a 400 SBC. the motor was recently

Customer Question

i have a 36 Ford with a blown 400 SBC. the motor was recently rebuilt and balanced. It has a 700-R4. Somewhere between 1900-2200rpm, i get a vibration. Could this be a torque converter problem?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: trans was also freshened up but not sure he even looked at the converter. The vibration seems to always be there at around 2000 rpm
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

I need a little more info.

What stall is the convertor rated? does it have a lockup?

Can you manually shift and change the vibration RPM?

Are you using a Throttle Valve Cable?