Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

When i turn my lights on my 99 suburban they come on and…

Customer Question
when i turn my lights...
when i turn my lights on my 99 suburban they come on and stay on for about 10 min then go off for about 2 min then back on they continue this cycle til you turn them them off. the daytime running lights do not work and have not worked for a long time this problem started after i replaced the headlight switch that was bad
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
1/29/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Lou P., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician

Hello. Have you since swapped the switch once again ? It sounds to me like the issue is temperature related. Where once the circuit heats up connection breaks until it cools down

Then it makes connection again.

i changed the switch again still the same

Ok if you have a test light and a voltmeter I can walk you through some test steps tomorrow if you will be around

Ok

Ok I'll upload a few diagrams soon and give you a path

Just to confirm what specific lights flash ? So I can get you the correct diagram

Just the head lights when it happens both high and low beam are affected

Ok thanks. I'll get the diagrams

Going over it all , you said the issue did not start until you replaced the headlight switch ?

On the headlight switch I need you to verify there is a yellow and a red wire they should be terminal g and c of the connector. When the problem happens verify with a test light there is constant power on the red wire. Then if there is check the yellow wire to see if the power flashes with the lights.

Lou P.
Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician