Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

How much does it cost to replace/fix 4WD 2005 chevy

Customer Question
silvarado pickup...
How much does it cost to replace/fix 4WD 2005 chevy silvarado pickup
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
1/27/2016
Chevy Mechanic: GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician replied 2 years ago
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician

Hi there, I am Cam.
Can I get your first name please?
I am not sure if you have used our service before or not. The experts here are third party contractors. Myself, I am a GM technician in a Gm dealership. I will be happy to help you. Please understand that my only compensation for the time spent helping you is by your rating of my service in a positive way. The more information you provide, the better the chances of getting your issue resolved. Also please reply if you have any followup questions.
So about your vehicle,

What issue are you having with your 4wd?

Found a 2005 chevy silvarado on ebay the dealer wants 9k for it he ckd it out and the 4wd is out so I wanted to know what it would cost to fix/replace it

That's hard to say. The transfer case can range anywhere from 2500 to 7500 depending on if you get new or rebuilt. Other components in the four-wheel-drive system could be a few hundred dollars to couple thousand. Is there an issue with the front differential? With the number of possible issues it's almost impossible to say what it would cost based on not knowing exactly what is shot