Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2007 chevy eqionox
, My service all wheel drive light…

Customer Question
2007 chevy eqionox ...

2007 chevy eqionox

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My service all wheel drive light is on with the wrench and the car base. I had a guy look for codes and he told him lost connection to transfer case. He can can't get light to clear

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
1/27/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you know if the codes were checked using a scan tool that can communicate with all computers in your vehicle here?

Do you know the fault code number that was set for the lost communication with the transfer case?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

No the only code it gave him was D0404 Before the wrench light came on it said service Service Stabilitrak & Service Traction Control
I have had it the the dealer ship and they never found anything this has been going on over 2 years
When I drive in slow the traction light comes on and then goes off when i get out of the ice

Does it feel like you are only operating in two wheel drive when on a slippery road surface?

Some times but not all the time

O.k.,your vehicle uses a rear drive control module on the rear differential.This locks in the clutch packs in the rear differential to engage the rear wheels when the front wheels start slipping.Your model here doesnt use a transfer case control module so this is why no communicate was found.The transfer case is engaged at all times it is the rear differential control module that engages and disengages the AWD mode.

With the AWD slipping in some cases this can indicate the rear drive control module is faulty or an issue in the rear differential mechanically with a clutch pack failure which can be common.When this occurs with the slip the traction light can come on on a slippery surface then will turn off once off of the slipper surface.

I would have the rear drive module checked for any fault codes and the rear differential checked to see if it is engaging to see if it has an internal mechanical clutch pack failure in it needing repaired or replaced.This is most common with the clutch pack failure needing replaced or the rear drive module needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

How come they can't get the wrench and the car frame light to clear of when they try to clear it ?

If the fault is picked up right away when it is cleared out with the scan tool the lights will remain on.This can usually indicate an electrical fault and may be the rear drive module itself at fault needing replaced.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician