Chevy

Chevrolet Repair Questions? Ask a Chevy Mechanic for Answers ASAP

My 2005 chevy colorado will start and then stop. I bypassed…

Customer Question
My 2005 chevy colorado...

My 2005 chevy colorado will start and then stop. I bypassed the key security a while ago. My coolant was low and I had a coolant engine light code but I dont remember the code. It wasn't getting to 167 degrees i believe. I added coolant but it still runs for a second and dies.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Just had an oil service performed. I drove back to my house, turned it off. It was running perfectly. I get back in the truck, turn the key, it begins to start runs for a second and stops. I checked the oil level and it is good. Transmission oil is good.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Chevy
1/26/2016
Chevy Mechanic: Triston, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED replied 2 years ago
Triston
Triston, MASTER ASE CERTIFIED

The most common problem I seen on the Colorado with you symptoms is a bad camshaft solenoid on the right front of the engine go bad or bad throttle body but these would cause the check engine light to come on and if it's one we'll need the codes to be more sure if there are no codes relating to engine performance the problem is probably fuel related like a bad fuel pump. If the temp is too low you will need a thermostat to fix that problem. I hope this helps, please give a positive rating. Thanks