Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

A week ago Saturday I payed the $5 question, and never have

Customer Question

A week ago Saturday I payed the $5 for my question, and never have found my answer
2003 suburban brake light
[email protected] was email
Had confirmation on my payment
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Apparently your post never got submitted. Can you tell me the concern with your suburban?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for delay. Had planned hospital work doneNo brake lights
Factoy switch broke apart. Replace re special order for moving pedals.Compared with 2500 an 1500 LT Sub. Five wire.Now power into switch on orange the did on other trucks.Applied power to orange and switch B+ out on white wire which powered othe two brakes.No brake power on tailer plug.Tested stop fuze in truck wall and under hood.Toggled Flasher light, but runs to yellow lights, not brake red lights.Where would we find lost power to switch and out to brake lights?Thanks

So if I understand correct. At the brake switch the orange wire has no power but the STOP LP fuse is good and powered?

When you remotely power the white wire at the switch the brake lights still do not work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My helper is not hereI do Not believe there was power to blade fuse inside or under hood.Power seems to go into witch on orange and witch to white lighting other 2 trucks. They do not have as many wire in witch.Need remote power petal wiring diagram it seems.No power into switch or fuseApplied power and it switch to white and did not power and thing.May be to problems
Lost connection to real brake lights and trailer plug.2 lost power to 2 fuses and witch input.

I will not be able to move forward on the diag until you can verify those tests since your not confident. Below is that diagram you asked for.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/suburbanext.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.
Wrong!
NO power at.....
Fuse on side of dash
Fuse under hood
Wire to switch orangeWhen B+ is applied to orange wire at switch, it will switch power to white wire out put.Then that white power wire powers nothing, as in brake lights or trailer light plug.?????
Need power to:
1 fuse
2nd fuse
Switch orange input.To power out of switch to power brake lights and trailer plug.On track yet Sir?

Thanks for confirming all that info. No power to the STOP LAMP fuse under the hood, that means the fuse box has failed and needs to be replaced.

Remotely powering the brake switch white wire and getting no brake lights, leave the white wire powered and see if the VEH STOP and VEH CHMSEL fuses under the dash are powered.