rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

, we have a 2004 yukon 2wd 5.3 (non flex fuel) engine.

Customer Question

Customer: Hi. ***** *****.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: we have a 2004 yukon 2wd 5.3 (non flex fuel) engine. we have "reduced engine power" issues now and then. Throttle body has been replaced but issue still occurs. deal said no error codes other than evap valve replacing. I cant see a single post where this issue has been resolved
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

This problem will show up on a scan tool if the tech knows what he's looking for. Any time you are reduced power, it gets recorded in the computer system.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the truck is till getting "reduced engine power' error from time to time. i have a hand held error tool which is giving error codes P2135 and P2220. the dealer did not mention he was getting these codes.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

That's not good enough, it has to be a scan tool where data is provided.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on with data information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what additional information do you need from me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the code the dealer received was PO449
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

We need computer DATA, not codes. We need to see all the sensor and actuator results including MODE6.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where does this information come from?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

The scan tool being attached to the vehicles computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my hand held tool only shows codes
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I don't build these cars, just fix them:) This information is paramount right now.

Thanks again, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the DATA you are asking for comes from the dealer computer?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Or any qualified shop, not only the dealer can do this.

Thanks again, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will the dealer or qualified shop print and turn this DATA over to me?since the dealer told me there is nothing wrong with he vehicle and based on what I have told you, what do you feel the problem may be?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

They will give you a print out at your request. I would never make any assumption about something like this, there are just too many possibilities. Thanks again, and please rate me now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i need to supply you with information from another source in order in order for you to tell me the problem.you have given me no information at all. i consider that useless. i am not satisfied and would like a full refund please.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Oh that's not true and you know it, Just because you can't fulfill what needs to be done, doesn't mean I didn't do my job. I told you exactly what needed to be done, but you don't have the resources to do it so you want to hold it against me for the bad news. That's real fair.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Ron. I'll contact the dealer and see if they will give this information to me. And if they will do so without charging anything additional to the $135 they already charged me for diagnostic fee in which they told me nothing was wrong with the vehicle other than the evap vent valve. They verbally told me that there as no history showing up on the scan.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

That doesn't mean they were right when they told you what they did, they're not god's over there. I would talk to the service manager and plead your case to him/her. They will help you further. I wish I was there to help you with this issue.

Thanks, Ron